These machines will clean and sanitize a multitude of surfaces without the use of chemicals, giving you peace of mind that your floors, fixtures, upholstery, furniture and a multitude of other items are clean and allergen free, for you and your family.
This is not like your regular vacuum, as a steam cleaner penetrates and loosens grit, grim scum, mold among several other things. A steam cleaner does not simply rely on suction, because steam cleaners are using hot, evaporating water (steam) to loosen and remove dirt and grim from almost any surface to include, but not limited to, glass, counter-tops, fixtures, tile, bathtubs, automobile engines and tires, carpets, rugs and much, much more.
There is a wide assortment and varieties of steam cleaners , their capability is largely determined by how powerful they are, the assortment of attachments and your ability to control the pressure. The handheld versions have less power, but seem adequate for smaller jobs that you may encounter for a quick cleanup. The larger canister models proved to be better equipped for the larger messes such as auto engines, stubborn hard water deposits, barbecues etc.
Why a Steam Cleaner
Letsfixitup.com has reviewed and researched several steam cleaners, we have determined that the 4 cleaners listed below top our list for your consideration:
Best Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
Dupray ONE Plus Steam Cleaner
While priced significantly higher then the other brands and models reviewed here, we were so impressed by all the positive reviews and feedback that we could not ignore it.
Made in Europe, beginning several years ago, using the highest quality German and Italian parts, the Dupray Home Steam Cleaner has managed to come to the forefront in home cleaning systems just about everywhere. These steam cleaners are now very popular in the United States, it is a leader in the world of steam cleaning without a doubt, The reviews suggest that it is worth every dime due to its cleaning ability, all this absent of harmful chemicals.
The Dupray Home Steam Cleaner, like the others reviewed here, is a machine that utilizes pressurized steam as a method to clean a variety of items around the house. It is the most powerful of all the machines reviewed and is an all around great cleaning machine that can also be used as a sanitation tool to sterilize and to clean around the house.. By turning water into a very powerful steam force, the house can be easily disinfected without using chemicals. Due to the high quality craftsmanship and componentry, Dupray has engineered a cleaner that will not wear out and will save you significant time and energy in the cleaning process for a variety of projects.
Some of the advantages over the other machines reviewed include:
- You can control the amount of steam emitted
- The steam is heated to a higher temperature
- Light weight and easily maneuverable system
- The most durable and reliable
- The high pressure will penetrate the hardest of areas.
- Shortest heating timeline
- Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- QUALITY ACCESSORIES : 16-piece kit.
- POWERFUL STEAM: up to 303°F with ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE.
- MADE IN EUROPE.
- WARRANTY: 3 years / Lifetime on stainless steel boiler.
Best of the Rest / Best Bang for the Buck
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
We loved this machine so much we purchased it for our own home. Due to its price, which is essentially 1/4 the cost of the Duprey One Plus, and because it is easy to use and most importantly, its overall cleaning ability, The McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner wins our Best of the rest steam cleaner selection and is our first choice for Best Value.
This cleaner truly does do it all! With its multitude of attachments (18) you can thoroughly clean floors, upholstery, counter-tops, grout, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, windows, appliances, vehicles and just about anything else you can think of.
Some of McCulloch MC1275 features include:
- Excellent cleaning ability
- Best price for the ability level
- Longevity of heat retention
- Maneuverable and efficient
- Light weight yet solidly built
- Easy to use / ergonomic
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty...
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of...
- SANITIZE WITH STEAM - With proper application, steam sanitizes by...
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8...
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in...
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
Comparably priced with the McCulloch MC1375, the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer that you cannot go wrong with.
The smaller version of the higher priced ONE PLUS, The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer maximizes cleaning efficiency while producing the best cleaning available. The system is equipped with a number of useful accessories that disinfect, eliminates dirt, mold, grit and grim from virtually every surface, to include, but not limited to floors, kitchens & bathrooms, draperies, blinds, appliances and bedding, barbecues in addition, to just about anything you can imagine around your house. This machine has several features that make it stand out as a leader in steam cleaning industry.
Some of these features include:
- Adjustable Pressure (12 psi to 170 psi)
- Integrated vacuum system
- Aesthetically beautiful
- Heat resisting
- Superior cleaning
- Ergonomically friendly
As stated with the other steam cleaners reviewed here, you will not need to use harsh chemicals for your cleaning projects. Steam both cleans and sanitizes deep below the surface to kill germs, lift grime and remove residue. There are several steam cleaners made just for smaller projects, like removing grease from kitchen appliances. There are also steam mops for cleaning floors. But the Dupray Neat Steam cleaner is among the best because it can do it all. It works on the interior and exterior of your home, it comes with 18 accessories that make it one of the more versatile steamers available. Very similar in nature to the McCulloch MC1275
Dupray is a very reliable brand with an outstanding track record. With products like the Dupray carpet cleaners, Dupray one plus steam cleaners, and so forth.
You cannot go wrong with this Steam Cleaner, however, for a lesser amount of money we believe the McCuloch MC 1275 is a better value.
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose...
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time...
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no...
- WARRANTY: 2 years / Lifetime on steam cleaner boiler.
McCulloch MC1375 Deluxe Canister Steam System, Black
This is the big brother of the McCulloch MC 1275. and priced at roughly $50.00 more.
This system packs all the punch of the lesser priced MC 1275 but has some additional features that may justify the price increase. We will list them and then let you be the judge.
The McCulloch MC 1375 has these additional features:
- variable psi adjustment
- 48 oz water tank that heats up in 12 minutes
- Over 20 different accessories
- A 18′ power cord and on-board accessory storage
So, essentially the difference between the McCuloch MC1275 and the MC1375 is that MC1375 has two more attachments, heats the water up a couple of minutes faster, has a longer electrical cord and has an adjustable PSI. In the view of LetsFixitUp.com, these differences do not justify an additional $60.00 However, it may be worthwhile to you to spend the extra funds.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use...
- SANITIZE WITH STEAM— With proper application, steam sanitizes...
- 20 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in...
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under...
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam...
The Dupray and the McCulloch Steam Cleaning systems are both very efficient and effective for completing the job. We are confident at letsfixitup.com that you will be extremely pleased with any of the 4 machines recommended.